Highland Industrial Park
HWY 274, BLDG K5
Camden, AR 71701
T: 870.574.0031 | F: 870.574.0037
Brandon Jennings - General Manager
A Higher Standard for Defense Sector Testing
The National Ordnance and Ballistic Test Center is a massive facility that’s equipped to safely conduct a wide array of severe and dangerous tests on weapon systems, ordnance, rocket motors, hazardous materials, and commercial products. In fact, NTS’s Camden facility is one of the most complete ordnance test facilities in the country—and it’s designed to meet the manufacturing and testing needs of the weapons industry now and into the future.
- Pyro Shock
A Robust Defense and Ordnance Test Facility
This multidisciplinary test facility provides safe, cost-effective, and error-free testing of ordnance, munitions, and hazardous materials—including climatic and dynamics testing, functional trials, and live firings. The center features:
- 3,000-Meter Large Caliber Range
- Instrumented Small, Medium, and Large Caliber Ranges
- Large Concrete Storage Magazines for Ordnance
- 35,000 Square Feet of Digitally Controlled Environmental Buildings
- Calibers to 155 MM
- Arena Testing for Warheads and Weapons
- Shoulder Fired Weapons Testing
- Ballistic Limit (V50) of Materials and Projectiles
- Complete MIL-STD-2105 Insensitive Munitions Testing
- Single and Dual MIL-STD-2105 Fragment Impact Testing
- Hazardous Vibration Test to 40,000 Force Pounds
- Numerous Large Concrete Storage Magazines for Ordnance
- External Fire, Fast and Slow Cook-Off Testing
- Bullet Impact Testing with Small and Medium Caliber Ammunition
- MIL-DTL-901E Lightweight Shipboard Shock
- Drop Tower Facility
- Complete Environmental, Dynamics, and Shock Facility
- Certified Performance Orientated Package Testing (POP)
- 49CFR Compliance for Shipping Hazardous Materials
- Lithium Battery Performance and Safety Testing
- Handle and Store Explosives, Propellants, and Ordnance Class 1.1v
NTS performs vibration testing up to 40,000 force pounds on hazardous test items like warheads. Our hazardous material shakers function at a temperature range of -150° to 300°F. Vibration systems are housed in a dedicated building suited for 1,000 pounds of Class 1.1 explosives.
Warhead Arena Testing
As part of the NTS Defense Group, our Camden facility supports a wide range of military systems arena testing, including Javelin, Claymore Mine, Hydra, and more. With decades of experience conducting destructive testing for defense industry developers, we also provide armor manufacturers with valuable mine blast and IED testing services to aid them in assessing the performance of currently used—as well as new—armor designs. The test facility can even perform warhead arena tests FM 101-51-3 and IAW ITOP 4-2-813 with high-speed video monitoring systems capable of recording 100,000 frames per second. In addition, our arena testing ranges can be tailored to meet a number of specialized needs, including aircraft components, military vehicles, armor materials, and more.
Shoulder-Fired Rocket Range
In order to meet the applicable MIL-STD and defense industry standards — such as MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-2105 — we offer all requisite testing on our secure rocket range. This also includes the testing of shoulder-fired weapons.
Explosives, Propellants, and Ordnance Class 1.1v
At our NTS Camden facility, we have dozens of earthen-covered Class 1.1 rated AA&E storage magazines with loading dock access and the capacity to store 60,000 pounds of Class 1.1 ordinance. In addition, we maintain all necessary licenses and permits to handle and store energetic defense products, including both ATF Type 33 and Type 10 Licenses. Plus, we are both ISO/IEC 17025 and DoD 4145.26M compliant.
Complete MIL-STD-2105 Insensitive Munitions Testing
We offer a complete spectrum of munitions testing—from multiple caliber bullet impacts to transportation vibration—for MIL-STD-2105 insensitive munitions testing.
Full Environmental, Dynamics, and Shock Facility
We are fully prepared to simulate the real-world conditions that your products—including munitions—will meet once in use. Environmental, dynamics and shock testing are typical prerequisites for MIL-STD compliance and other regulations to which military and public service contractors are expected to adhere. The facility can simulate any condition on earth, including the following:
- Pyro shock
The facility is fully ITAR-registered and capable of safety and insensitive munitions testing to meet IAW MIL-STD-2105 and NATO STANAGS standards.
Red Hot Hypersonic Testing
Hypersonic testing is important to national security. As a result, NTS provides expert services to simulate hypersonic flight, which includes aerodynamic heating with burner temperatures that reach 4,000 °F.