Longmont, CO – Environmental
Environmental & Dynamics
1601 Dry Creek Drive, Suite 2000
Longmont, CO 80503
T: 303.776.7249 | F: 303.776.7314
Robert Polverari - General Manager
NTS Longmont for Full Service EMC/EMI and Environmental Testing in Colorado
NTS Longmont is a full-service testing laboratory offering EMI / EMC emissions and immunity testing, and environmental testing capabilities including thermal cycling, acceleration, classical shock and vibration testing. Our Dry Creek Road facility houses our Environmental Testing capabilities, while our Vista View Drive location is our EMC/EMI lab. Click here to review the EMC/EMI Capabilities at our Longmont location.
Along with great service, we also offer our clients the highest quality of testing in the industry. Backed by our overall organization’s ISO/IEC 17205 accreditation, NTS Longmont is further recognized thanks to our American Association for Laboratory Accreditation — or A2LA — for both mechanical 0214.44 and electrical 0214.43 testing. This means everything from our testing procedures to the calibration of our equipment is regularly reviewed or inspected and must meet with an independent auditor’s approval.
With the ability to design for a broad range of testing environments, Longmont teams have provided up-front design and retrofit for products for use in medical, residential, commercial, industrial and space environments. Our environmental and dynamic testing capabilities give you a single source to meet the dynamic and environmental requirements of MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, RTCA DO-160 and others.
The Most Complete Environmental and Dynamics Testing Services in Colorado
With years of experience helping identify and correct flaws, fatigue points and weaknesses in products before they go to market, our team of environmental experts at NTS Longmont know from experience how to bring value to every test they conduct.
From vibration testing to mechanical impact and shock to temperature, humidity and altitude testing, NTS Longmont is fully prepared for any environmental testing tasks. Let us perform all the necessary environmental services to get your product to market fully certified, proven and ready to perform. NTS Longmont environmental testing includes:
Vibration Testing Capabilities at NTS Longmont
- Seismic Test
- Horizontal Seismic: 60″ x 48″ mounting table, horizontal displacement 12″, 21,000 lbs. force, 40 IPS, .1 Hz – 500 Hz. Meets NEBS GR63, Zone 4 Earthquake, Transportation Vibration, and Reliability Testing needs
- Vertical Seismic: 48: x 48″ to 96″ x 96″ mounting table, vertical displacement 12″, 21,000 lbs. force, 40 IPS velocity, .1 Hz – 500 Hz frequency range. Meets NEBS GR63, Zone 4 Earthquake, Transportation Vibration and Reliability testing needs.
- Servo Hydraulic Shaker: horizontal load capacity 2,5000 lbs. Meets MIL-STD-810 and RTCA DO-160
- Loose Load Vibration: repetitive shock, MIL-STD, ASTM, and ISTA, loose cargo testing
- Electrodynamic Vibration
- Ling 335 Horizontal vibration table, 18,000 force lbs, 5Hz – 3,000Hz, 1 inch diameter stroke. Sine, Random and Shock capable
- Ling 335 Horizontal vibration table, 30,000 force lbs, 5Hz – 5,000Hz, 2 inch diameter stroke. Sine, Random and Shock capable
Mechanical Impact and Shock Testing Systems in Longmont
- TITL Tester: Center of gravity and tipping point testing for palletized items and rack equipment
- Horizontal Impact Test System (HITS): 90″ x 72″ platform produces half sine and square waveforms. Simulates truck docking railcar coupling, pallet marshaling, transportation testing.
- Acceleration – 3 foot radius centrifuge, 100 G’s, slip rings, 15 single channels with ground, 2 coaxial and 7 low noise single channels, Crash Safety
- Pyro Shock: MIL-STD-810, Method 517, NASA-STD-7003
- Drop Shock, Package Drop: 4′ x 4′ platform, programmable shock system for half sine, square wave, trapezoidal shock. Damage boundary assessment, free fall drop of large items.
- High Velocity (G) Shock: 6″ mounting surface, small test articles, acceleration to 10,000 G’s (bungee assisted), 0.5 min/sec to 1 min/sec. Evaluates disc drives, rocket velocity, etc.
- Compression Testing, Box container crush testing: 4′ x 4′ package area, 15,000 pounds capacity, simulates stacking and warehousing.
- Precision Package Drop Test: ISTA and ASTM free fall drop of packages
Temperature, Humidity, Altitude Testing Capabilities
- Temperature and Humidity Chamber: 20′ x 17′ x 12′ man-rated drive-in chamber, 8 foot wide door. Temperature Ranges: -76°F to 320°F, -60°C to 160°C, Temperature Transition Rate: 1°C/min
- Temperature and Humidity Chamber: 7′ x 7′ x 27′, Temperature Ramp Rate: 20°C/min, Temperature Range: -70°C/min to + 170°C/min, 5 – 95% Relative Humidity
- Temperature Altitude Chamber: 36″ x 36″ x 36″, Altitude Range from -2,000 ft to 200,000 ft, Temperature Ramp Rate: 10°C/min, Temperature Range: -70°C/min to + 170°C/min, meets MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 and IEC.
- Thermal Shock Chamber: Three 27 cubic foot zones, Temperature Range: -70°C to -170°C, 3 second transfer time.
Temperature with Vibration (AGREE) Testing
- Servo Hydraulic Temperature and Vibration: 71″ x 53″ x 65″, 48″ x 48″ mounting table, Temperature Range -70°C to + 177°C, Shaker displacement 3 inch diameter, 41 IPS Velocity, meets MIL-STD-810, ISTA, and ASTM.
- Electrodynamic Temperature and Vibration: 71″ x 53″ x 48″ mounting table, Temperature Range -70°C to + 177°C, Shaker displacement 1 inch diameter, 36″ Head Expander, 8,000 lbs force.
Other Environmental Testing in Longmont
- HALT Highly Accelerated Life Testing, HASS Highly Accelerated Stress Screening: 4′ x 4′ x 4′ Chamber, combined temperature and vibration, Temperature Ranges -100 °C to 170°C, Acceleration Range 3G’s to 100G’s.
- Rapid Decompression: 21″ Diameter x 24″ long, Transition rates up to 20,000 ft/sec, meets RTCA DO-160
- Blowing Rain: meets MIL-STD-810 and RTCA DO-160
- Dust Testing: 61″ x 42″ x 97″ chamber for settling dust, puff test. Meets SAE J573
- Salt Fog Chamber: 48″ x 30″ x 36″, meets MIL-STD-810 Method 509.3, RTCA DO-160, and ASTM B117.
- Thermal Vacuum Chamber (TVAC): 62″ in depth x 41″ Diameter. The plate is 36″ x 60″ with pressure to 1 x 10-6 Torr. Its temperature range is -180 degrees C to 175 degrees C.
Standards / Specifications
- AS/NZS CISPR 22
- CNS 13438
- EN 12184
- EN 55011 / CISPR 11
- EN 55014-1 and -2
- EN 55022 / CISPR 22
- EN 55024
- EN 55103-1 and -2
- EN/IEC: 61000-3-2
- EN/IEC: 61000-3-3
- EN/IEC/KN: 61000-4-11
- EN/IEC/KN: 61000-4-2
- EN/IEC/KN: 61000-4-3
- EN/IEC/KN: 61000-4-4
- EN/IEC/KN: 61000-4-5
- EN/IEC/KN: 61000-4-6
- EN/IEC/KN: 61000-4-8
- EN 61000-6-3
- EN 61000-6-4
- FCC Part 15
- FCC Part 18
- KN 61000
- KN23 / KN35
- SSP 30237/8
- TCVN 7189