IPC-6012: Qualification and Performance for Rigid Printed Boards – Anaheim
IPC-6012: Qualification and Performance for Rigid Printed Boards
The IPC-6012C standard establishes and defines the qualification and performance requirements for the fabrication of rigid printed boards.
IPC received hundreds of requests from companies worldwide to support this critical standard with a formal training program that recognizes individuals as qualified instructors and application specialists. Now, IPC has an industry developed and approved comprehensive training and certification program based on IPC-6012 that gives companies all the tools they need to increase employee skills and performance. With supporting images from the IPC-A-600H, the IPC-6012 program incorporates content from both standards giving the students the technical knowledge to remain highly competitive in today’s market.
How the Certification Program Works
IPC’s 6012 Training and Certification Program is built on a train-the-trainer instructional model. A company seeking to create an IPC Licensed 6012 Certified IPC Trainer sends their candidate to an IPC Licensed IPC-6012 Certification Center. The training program uses exercises as well as classroom instruction to teach the standard criteria.
IPC’s 6012 Training and Certification Program provides individuals with a valuable, portable credential that recognizes their understanding of the IPC-6012. This program is offered as a service to industry, therefore its adoption is not a precondition for any company to purchase the standard or claim that they build product to its requirements.
Those interested in company-wide quality assurance initiatives have an IPC-sponsored program to support their commitment to continuous operations and product improvement. IPC recognition sends a strong message to customers that your company is serious about implementing IPC-6012.
All IPC-6012 Registered Instructors receive the instructional materials for teaching the Operator Proficiency training course, including:
- A CD-ROM with full color visuals covering all aspects of the standard and training course, student handbook files for royalty-free printing. All reports and forms required for conducting Application Specialist training are submitted via the Certification Quality Initiative (CQI) portal. More information about CQI can be found here.
- An instructor guide (PDF format) for conducting all the Application Specialist training modules.
- All examinations for all the Application Specialist Training Modules are conducted through the use of the CQI portal.
- Copies of the IPC-6012 and the IPC-A-600.
- A student handbook for use in the classroom portions of the course.
- Official serialized IPC certificate of course completion.
Who should become an IPC-6012 certified IPC trainer?
Assembly process engineers, quality assurance supervisors, training managers and others responsible for the quality and reliability of soldered electronic assemblies are excellent candidates for the program.
Any company that uses JIPC-6012 or is considering its adoption can use the program to address the training requirement identified in the standard.
Topics covered in the registered instructor training course:
- IPC-6012 Scope/Applicable Documents
- Material Requirements
- Visual Requirements
- Dimensional and Conductor Requirements
- Structural Integrity Requirements
- Solder Mask, Electrical and Cleanliness
- Special Requirements
- Quality Assurance Provisions
- Appendix A – Supplemental Requirements
NTS is licensed by IPC to provide the IPC-6012 Training and Certification program.