Ultimate Energy Efficiencies
Our Energy clients are constantly discovering ways to harness emerging technologies to address new challenges. They create solutions for energy security and climate change, and work to meet increasing demand in the US and in developing countries.
NTS is here to make your Energy project a success by verifying functionality, reliability and efficiency at every stage. In lockstep with industry trends, our Energy Sector services are designed to accelerate deployment and assure performance throughout the product lifecycle. Services include:
- Strategic and operational support
- Measurements and inspection
- Test and monitoring equipment
- Software test tools development
- Testing and certification
A Global Authority On Energy Testing
With one of the largest networks of testing labs in the country, and NTS offers accessible and timely expertise to evaluate projects of any complexity, quickly and economically. Some of the Energy testing programs available include:
NTS is an international leader and single-source provider of product qualification and testing services for the highly-regulated nuclear power industry. We deliver cost-effective solutions to help you mitigate risk and maintain compliance with IEEE, EPRI and other safety guidelines. Specific services include complete EMI/RFI testing and analysis at NTS or at your location. We can also provide software verification and validation for all microprocessor-based equipment, as well as equipment obsolescence planning and assistance with new component selection.
Smart Grid Testing
Energy testing for the Smart Grid is an evolving area of specialization, and one that NTS is uniquely qualified to fulfill. Our team has extensive experience engineering creative solutions to meet compliance requirements for meters, outlets, thermostats and other components of smart grid systems.
We are constantly expanding and enhancing our testing services to meet the challenges of this thriving industry. Right now, we can provide turnkey compliance solutions for NIST, IEC and IEEE standards. While our current smart grid energy testing services include environmental simulation, reliability testing, portal testing and more.
Solar / Photovoltaic
The demand for renewable power generation systems is on the rise worldwide. To meet the challenges associated with this growing consumer need, NTS offers solar energy testing services, including module efficiency testing, as well as PV module and grid tie inverter certification to UL1703 and UL1741 standards. We can also provide accelerated life testing (ALT) and thermal cycling for PV components.
Want to know more about our solar and other renewable energy testing services? Request a quote now.
Helping You Empower Smarter Energy Consumption
Cities and communities nationwide require advanced technology to maintain a sustainable energy supply, and to efficiently manage consumption. NTS is by your side, helping you meet stringent environmental requirements, develop resilient and redundant communication systems, master on-demand energy via backup storage, implement secure, efficient Demand Response technology and Smart Grid. Our Integrated Engineering Services covers three areas:
Energy Generation Technologies
- Nuclear Power
- Renewable Clean Energy (Photovoltaic, Solar Thermal and Wind)
- Storage Technologies
Transmission and Distribution Components and Systems
- High Efficiency Transformers
- Superconducting Transformers
- High-Tension Power Cables
- Other Devices and Components, such as switches, relays, cable joints, line traps, breakers and more.
Smart Grid Technologies
- Communication in Power Substation, Wide Area Network and Home Area Network, including many open standards protocols such as ZigBee, Wi-Fi, PLC, Bluetooth, WiMAX and others.
- Measurement, Monitoring and Control Technologies: Advanced Metering, Home and Building Automation, Industrial Control, Gateways, In-Home Displays, Thermostat, Smart Appliances and more.
- Building HVAC: Automated Energy Control Systems in hotels, industrial plants, etc.
- Electric Vehicles to the Smart Grid, Charging stations and vehicle communication protocol.
- Cybersecurity: Protecting critical assets that manage energy infrastructures, such as computers, software, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and process control systems (and the networks that support those systems).