Are you releasing a new product or revising an existing product? NTS can exercise your product’s functionality throughout the development lifecycle – alpha, beta and/or golden master phases of development. NTS can start by developing comprehensive test plans, detailing test methodologies or you can supply us with a test plan to execute. Functionality testing can be performed on hardware or software products to verify that your product functions as designed.
The general purpose of hardware and software functionality testing is to verify if the product performs as expected and documented, typically in technical or functional specifications. Developers creating a new product typically start from a functional specification, which describes the product’s capabilities and limitations. NTS Test Engineers utilize this specification, if available, as a guideline for expected product response. Tasks are exercised to test specific features or functions, and the results of these tasks are verified by NTS to be in compliance with the expected response. This type of testing is beneficial to product developers who are creating a new product or an existing product which has undergone significant enhancements or changes in capabilities.
NTS can exercise the various execution paths, either manually or through automated scripting tools such as HP Functional Testing software, SilkTest, IBM Rational Functional Tester, etc. Manual testing can be based on your test script or ours. If you don’t have a technical specification for your product, NTS can create one for you or perform testing using exploratory test methodologies. In exploratory testing, NTS Test Engineers develop test cases on-the-spot based on their understanding of the product’s main features and functions, as well as their experience in performing quality assurance testing. Exploratory testing also provides the opportunity to use the product in “non-standard” ways which may be more in line with your end-users often leading to anomalies that would not be discovered during standard, scripted functionality testing.
During functionality testing, you can select our detailed reporting mechanisms, or we can adopt yours.
Functionality Testing Features:
- Detailed acceptance test plan development and execution based on client’s specification
- Experience with all major operating systems, including: Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2012 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8 RT, Windows 10, Windows Media Center, Apple Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), Linux (various flavors such as Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora Core, SuSE, Mandriva, etc.), AIX, HP-UX, FreeBSD, NetWare, and Solaris.
- Experience with a wide variety of hardware and software products, from simple web games to complex NAS/SAN products.
- Highly detailed and flexible reporting (we can use our bug tracking tools or your internal defect tracking software).
- Experience with various automation tools.
It’s one of our goals to fit seamlessly into your existing test structure. So regardless if you’re developing with waterfall, rapid, agile or any of the various other models or methods, we can work within your testing cycles. In addition, we’re happy to utilize your reporting methodologies and tools – even if that means we remotely login to your bug reporting tools. It’s up to you how involved we are!
Contact us today for more information on how we can help you prepare your product for release!