Orlando, FL – Environmental
T: 407.293.5844 | F: 407.297.7376
Craig Thompson - General Manager
NTS Orlando — All-Encompassing Environmental Testing in Central Florida
NTS Orlando, Florida, is a key partner to our aerospace, defense, medical and commercial clients. From our Orlando’s two locations, complete test services for dynamic, climatic, EMI, and hydraulic testing are performed with dedication to the highest standards of quality and accuracy. You can be assured of our commitment to quality as evidenced by NTS Orlando’s A2LA ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory accreditations.
Since NTS was founded by two engineers in 1961, every service we offer has been focused on providing our clients with highly accurate and timely data by supplying cost-effective and innovative testing methods. You could say it is in our organizational DNA to add value to every interaction we have. Our in-depth expertise and culture of excellence make us an unmatched testing solutions provider.
Our Old Winter Garden location specializes in dynamic, climatic and hydraulic testing capabilities. If you are looking for a full spectrum of EMI testing services, click here.
Environmental Testing Laboratory in Orlando, FL
From solar cells that are exposed to harsh sunlight to satellite components that must endure drastic thermal fluctuations, scores of products are expected to perform in some of the most challenging environmental conditions imaginable. For businesses that design, develop and manufacture these products, there is absolutely no substitute for the comprehensive environmental simulation testing offered by our certified testing laboratory in Orlando.
Environmental testing can ensure that products meet with all relevant contract and regulatory requirements, such as MIL-STD-810 for military items. In addition, it can help manufacturers distinguish themselves with best-in-class products. Armed with the data needed to recognize flaws and weaknesses early in a product’s R&D phase, manufacturers can bring more robust products to the market. This enhances both the credibility and marketability of the item — as well as the company behind it.
NTS’s laboratory in Orlando, FL, offers temperature, humidity, altitude, rapid decompression, thermal vacuum, explosive atmosphere, solar heating effects, thermal shock, blowing sand, blowing dust, blowing rain, and salt fog. We can also operate controls such as buttons, switches and joysticks in harsh environmental conditions hostile to human presence, and can offer more detailed manipulation via a Motoman SV3 Robot.
Dynamics Testing Laboratory in Orlando, FL
From acceleration and mechanical shock testing (free-fall and shaker) to transportation simulation to drop testing and vibration testing, this facility can do it all. NTS Orlando also maintains a U.S. Navy certified lightweight hammer shock machine capable of accommodating the associated MIL-S-901D testing requirements. NTS Orlando is accredited by the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) as a Certified Testing Laboratory for package testing procedures 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 2A and 2B. Our dynamics and environmental testing capabilities include:
- Acceleration, 27-inch radius centrifuge, max 400 rpm, 30 slip-ring electrical connections
- Electro-dynamic vibration to 23,000 lbf, up to 3″ displacement
- Mechanical Shock, freefall and shaker – classical and SRS
- Altitude – including thermal vacuum, rapid and explosive decompression
- Combined Environments, Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)
- Explosive Atmosphere – 3′ DIA x 4′ chamber, to 71°C and 50,000 ft. altitude
- Immersion – vessels up to 48″ x 60″ x 60″
- Spray, Drip, and Rain (wind to 40 mph, 4-inch/hour typical rate)
- Salt Fog – 30 ft3 and 73 ft3 salt fog chambers
- Blowing Sand and Blowing Dust
- Temperature and Humidity – 10′ x 12′ x 8′ walk-in chamber and smaller
- Thermal Shock
- Solar (heating effects)
NTS Orlando Hydraulics Testing
For your hydraulics testing needs, we perform endurance, impulse, burst and proof pressure, cracking and reseat pressure, high and low temperature (fluid and/or environment), leakage, and cold start testing. Pressures of 7,500 psig, temperatures from minus 55 Degree C to 135 Degree C and flows of 200 GPM can be achieved. Phosphate Ester (Skydrol) and Hydrocarbon (Red Oil) test stands are available. Common specifications we test to include SAE ARP 4378, SAE ARP4946, SAE ARP1383. Other hydraulics testing capabilities include:
- Burst and proof pressure to 60,000 psi
- Cracking and reseat pressure to 8,000 psi
- Leakage to 8,000 psi
- Endurance to 6,000 psi Hydrocarbon (red oil) and 7,500 psi Phosphate Ester (Skydrol)
- Impulse to 6,000 psi Hydrocarbon (red oil) and 7,500 psi Phosphate Ester (Skydrol)
- Cold Start to 3,000 psi at 5 gpm
- Combined Environments (pressure and low with temperature, vibration)
- Vibration pressures to 4,000 psi at 8 gpm Hydrocarbon (red oil), or 3,000 at 12 gpm Phosphate Ester (Skydrol)
- Temperature to 4,000 psi at 8 gpm Hydrocarbon (red oil), or 5,500 psi at 20 gpm Phosphate Ester (Skydrol)
- Hydrostatic capability – Hydrocarbon (red oil)/water to 60,000 psig or Phosphate Ester (Skydrol)/water to 75,000 psig
- High speed data acquisition and control using Labview software and National Instruments hardware – record at 1,000 hertz, control at 2 hertz
EMI Testing at NTS Orlando
NTS’s certified testing laboratory in Orlando maintains five shielded enclosures as well as a broad variety of test equipment to help achieve your Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) test objectives. To see the full spectrum of EMI testing services, click here.